The weather has nothing to do with the sewing. I just can't hear anything else right now except the wind whipping against the roof in this attic room.
For the towel, I just used a strip of fabric from a jelly roll I've had for a while. The towel was an extra from the Christmas towels I made.
For the potholder, I loosely followed a tutorial from Craftzine.com. The only obvious difference is that I did a diagonal quilting stitch, rather than horizontal or vertical. The fabric was left over from an apron I made for myself.
If you would like to see better details, just click on the pictures to make them larger.
I got done just in time to eat lunch and take a nap. :)