Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flea Market Finds

My nephew's confirmation was today, so I traveled to my sister's house to spend some time with them.  It was just me and the baby (can I still call a 2 1/2 year old a baby?), but I managed to keep my sanity.  My sister is one cool cat and is so laid back that it spreads.  I left feeling like I'd been at a spa weekend (well, not really...she has 3 kids and 3 dogs)

On the way home, I stopped in the town where I went to college.  They opened a nice flea market about a year ago, so I took advantage of my proximity to it and stopped in (does anyone else have issues with that name: FLEA market??) .



E had just woken up, so she sat numbly in the stroller and gave me a chance to look around.  I came home with these two beauties.  They are roughly the size of a king-sized pillow case.  There are two of the yellow one, but only one of the green (and of course, it's my favorite!).  They seem to be printed flour sacks?  I think?

If there were two of the green, I would be whipping those puppies into kitchen curtains.  I just can't make one work across my two windows...boo.  I will probably make a dress out of the green for E.  She was such a nice sport after all.  I'm going to put the yellow ones in my stash until I figure out what to use them for.


No comments: